Ridiculously helpful? Oh yes. Let’s face it, there are things in life that are helpful, like having a dog who can fetch a beverage from the fridge or knowing that you can use a staple remover to add or remove keys on your key ring, but then there are things that are ridiculously helpful, and I’m going to share some of those things with you right now.
Hold onto your hat.
1. Struggling to come up with a fresh idea for your airport blog? Look no further than the Content Idea Generator. And no, I didn’t use it for this blog post, but yeah, that probably would have saved some time. Just plug in the topic you want to cover and the generator creates a unique title. All you have to do is write the post — easy, right?
2. Ready to pick a random winner for that contest you’re wrapping up? Use Random.org to quickly set your parameters and choose your winner. Taking a screenshot of the results is a good way to document your incredible fairness, too!
3. Need to share your screen in a pinch? Use screenleap for up to 1-2 hours a day at no cost, and it’s super-easy.
4. Use this site to create dynamic QR codes for free, and redirect them to different URLs at any time. Ridiculously helpful.
5. Studies have shown that ambient noise can boost creativity. There are lots of tools available to serve this purpose, but Soundrown is the one I turn to most frequently. A little bit of coffee shop noise, often combined with some indie music, usually does the trick.
6. Make any picture 1400% cooler with pixlr-o-matic. Change colors, add effects and download the final product. As an example, I uploaded the first picture below, added a couple filters, and, in about 25 seconds, downloaded the second picture below.
What kinds of tools do you use to spark creativity, problem-solve or just make life easier? Share them with us in the comments!